Ms. Marlow has successfully led the organization with vision and positive direction for over 19 years. She is a hands-on manager with many years of geospatial experience to draw upon. Ms. Marlow regularly meets with existing and potential Smart Data Strategies clients to share her extensive cadastral project management experience. Smart Data Strategies' founder and CEO has personally managed hundreds of cadastral conversion projects in her career and has in-depth knowledge of the conversion and the software implementation process.
Ms. Marlow believes in the importance of the property layer as one of the NSDI foundation layers of information and involves herself in many movements to promote a unified local, state, and national property database sharing initiative. As an organization, Smart Data Strategies has touched more that fifteen percent of the nation's properties with either its conversion services or the implementation of the SDS DREAMaps™ software suite.
Involvement and Accomplishments
- Chairman, Transportation Research Board (TRB), Panel for Integrating Geospatial Technologies into the ROW Process
- Member, National Academy of Sciences Committee Land Parcel Databases: A National Vision
- Chairman of the MAPPS, Federal Cadastral Task Force,
- Member of the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC), Cadastral Sub-committee
- Chairman of the Board, Institute for GIS Studies (IGISS)
- Certified IAAO Instructor for “GIS for Assessors”
- URISA Instructor for “Introduction to GIS”
- Contributing Author to “IAAO/URISA GIS for Assessors”
- Chairman of the 1st Annual Integrating GIS and CAMA Conference